"Heaven sent" is our Lemon Blueberry ice cream. Made with fresh blueberries bursting with flavor in a zesty and light lemon base, this flavor is a consumer favorite.
Our classic French Vanilla is smooth and dreamy, made with real Madagascar vanilla and vanilla beans. Delicious on its own or used to make your favorite smoothie!
We strive to supply a healthy dessert alternative promoting wellness through infused high protein ice creams, while providing an incredibly creamy texture and decadent flavor!
This luxurious ice cream is the ideal balance of sweet yet salty, rich yet light and decadent. Everything an ice cream should be – you won't be disappointed!
My 81-year-old mother lives in an independent living facility. She became wheelchair bound during the Covid-19 pandemic. During that time, she became upset, depressed and was not eating. She was losing weight rapidly. I brought her the high protein PLUS ice cream. She loved it! She thinks it is delicious. Because she does not enjoy food, but enjoys the ice cream, we have been able to supplement her meals with the ice cream to get her protein and nutrients. The ice cream has helped her gain weight and helped her eat again.
- Your body needs protein to help build and repair muscle, skin, and other body tissues. Protein also helps fight infection, balance body fluids, and carry oxygen through your body. When you have a wound that’s healing, think of food as medicine. Protein aids the body in repairing damaged tissues.
- As the National Institute of Health points out, deficiency in protein have been shown to contribute to poor healing rates. When your body doesn’t get enough of this essential element, it has a difficult time forming collagen. Unfortunately, the wound healing process further exacerbates protein loss, as the body can lose up to 100 milligrams of protein per day due to exudation, or fluid leakage from the affected area. For this reason, a high protein diet is essential during recovery. Protein also helps fight infection, balance body fluids, and carry oxygen through your body.
- ANSWER: Highest protein content per ounce of ice cream on the market.Starting at 8 grams of protein and high fat content starting at 14% per 4 ounce serving of ice cream
The progressive deterioration in nutrition status frequently seen in cancer patients is often referred to as cancer cachexia. Unlike starvation, in which fat stores from adipose are depleted and protein is spared from skeletal muscle, neither fat nor protein is spared in cachexia. Cachexia affects nearly half of cancer patients, causing the clinical manifestations of anorexia, muscle wasting, weight loss, early satiety, fatigue, and impaired immune response. Cachexia does not only impede the response to chemotherapy but also is a major cause of morbidity and mortality. About 50% of all cancer patients suffer from cachexia. Prevalence of cachexia rises in more advanced stages and is estimated to affect 80% of terminal cancer patients.
Nutritionday, in collaboration with Abbott, looked at the one-day nutritional habits and caloric intake of 10,000 patients admitted to 245 U.S hospitals from 2009-2015. The researchers evaluated the prevalence of malnutrition and linked it to food intake.
How does protein improve health and wellness?
- 1 in 133 people in the U.S., have celiac disease, in which gluten triggers an autoimmune response that attacks the lining of the small intestine. The body cannot absorb nutrients into the bloodstream properly, leading to anemia, delayed growth, and weight loss.
- ANSWER: Our product contains 5ppm pf gluten which is considered gluten free with no artificial coloring or malt in our ice cream .
“Results of the study indicated that 51% of patients are eating 50% or less of their meals, with reduced intake linked to higher mortality. Adults who did not eat any of their food in the hospital had close to a 6 times higher risk of death compared to those who ate some food. And among those who could eat, but decided to eat nothing, only 11% were given a nutritional supplement. The study also found that close to 50% of patients admitted with ailments related to an infectious disease or those with long term care issues were at risk for malnutrition. Nearly 40% of cancer patients were also found to be at risk of malnutrition, according to study results.”
- Many high-protein/high-fat nutritional supplements on the market have an unpleasant taste and may result in poor tolerance and acceptance. Ice cream is considered a comfort food! It is great nutritional option for those experiencing difficulty swallowing due to these 3 medical conditions (dysphagia-difficulty swallowing, dysgeusia-unable to taste and xerostomia-dry mouth).
- ANSWER: We developed stimulating flavors with great tasting ice cream and no protein aftertaste.
Cathedral Square (and at various summer festivals in Christchurch city)
Gelato Roma’s home is Nelson, but their mobile truck is located in Christchurch and spoils us with delicious artisan ice cream. The team makes traditional Italian ice cream with locally sourced products. Make sure to try the Stracciatella – an Italian classic!
Utopia Ice started with a little stall at the Christchurch Farmers Market and a pop-up kiosk in Sumner. Now located in the city, the couple sells French-style ice cream and has specialised in plant-based ice cream – perfect for vegans.
During the warmer months, Gelato Dolce has its cute red cart parked at Cathedral Square for the Friday Street Food Market. The ice cream is handcrafted with locally sourced and Italian ingredients. The team prepares sorbets (water-based) and dairy ice cream. Our must-try is “Stracciatella”, vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips – a real Italian classic.
Sumner Main Street (corner Marriner/Burgess Street), in December only open on weekends, in January open daily
Fuse is a real fruit ice cream trailer positioned opposite the playground at Cashmere Road. If you’re in to trying new things, then the “real nut” ice creams are a must! What could be better than a blend of peanut butter or Nutella with ice cream or frozen yogurt – yum! Fuse also make a range of ice cream sauces onsite – white, milk and dark chocolate just to name a few. Find out more on their Facebook page.
It wouldn’t be a real Kiwi summer without great ice cream! Luckily in Christchurch, it’s pretty easy to get your ice cream cravings sorted! Here are our top picks.